About Ray Hodges Financial Group
Ray Hodges Financial Group is a Dallas-based firm that focuses on two clients: small business owners who want to see substantial growth in their net earnings and individuals who are planning for their best retirement. Rayfus Hodges, Jr., better known as “Ray”, formally founded Ray Hodges Financial Group in 2009, though he began selling health and life insurance in 2007. He decided to pursue the financial services industry after his father died unexpectedly of kidney cancer in 2002, and his family lost the home he grew up in because they were under-insured. Advising small business owners on ways to enhance their profits and helping his clients plan for retirement are his passions.
Ray received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of Missouri at Columbia, Missouri and a Master of Business Administration degree in business from Southern Methodist University at Dallas. He secured his Series 65 certification in order to service company retirement plans and provide individual retirement products and is an Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) with Redhawk Wealth Advisors based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
About Ray Hodges
Ray is originally from St. Louis, Missouri, the son of a career US Air Force veteran. He has called Dallas home for more than 20 years, and he and his wife have three children that keep them very busy.
Our mission is to use little-known strategies to increase net earnings for business owners and to grow and protect people’s retirement savings, whether they are planning for retirement or already there.
Value of our
Ray Hodges Financial Group is a financial advisory firm that uses tax-favored strategies to grow and protect the assets of small business owners and individuals.
Years of Experience
new cases every year
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Such professionalism is rare nowadays. Ray Hodges continues to be an asset in his support with my financial portfolio. I look forward to doing business with him again in the future.
Monique Ozenne Boudreaux
Ray is very knowledgeable and professional. He provided details on the services we needed and purchased.
Darryl Wayne Carter
Great man great service and great company. Thanks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- You can begin receiving your Social Security benefit early at the age of 62, but you will only receive 75 percent of the full benefit. Withdrawing early means you forfeit 25 percent of your Social Security earnings for the rest of your life.
- If you wait until the age of 66, you will receive 100% of your full benefit.
- Every year after the age of 66 that you defer receiving your benefit, you receive an 8% increase above your full benefit. At the age of 70, you would receive a 32% increase above your full benefit.
At what age can I begin taking distributions from my 401(k)/IRA without facing the 10 percent for early distributions?
At the age of 59 1/2, you can begin taking distributions from your 401(k) or IRA without facing the 10 percent penalty. However, keep in mind you will pay income taxes on all of your 401(k) and IRA distributions.
Defer enough to receive all of your company match. Once you reach that deferral percentage, begin looking for alternative assets to invest in to diversify your portfolio, such as gold/silver, fixed index annuity, Roth IRA, etc.
Use the rule of 100 as a guide, which suggests you subtract your age from 100, and the remainder is the percentage you might consider investing in the stock market. For instance, if you are 65 years old, 65 percent of your retirement savings should be invested in a “safe” option with no exposure to market loss, such as a fixed index annuity. The other 35 percent could be invested in your 401(k), IRA, Roth IRA, mutual funds, etc. with exposure to the market.
If you are married and have a plan that is governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), you can use the little known In-Service Alternate Rollover (ISAR) to move funds to another qualified retirement option. Contact Ray Hodges Financial Group today for details.